Our kids have everything. Literally. If we decide what to buy or not, very important things are the quality and meaningfulness of the toy. In this article I introduce an amazing wooden game Haba.
The principle of the game
Into the holes in the wooden board (4×4 holes) inserts colored blocks. Children put rings on them. Each block belongs to one hole. One ring belongs to one block. There are eight colors in total, each with two blocks and two rings – dark blue, blue, light blue, green, red, yellow, orange, pink.
For whom the toy is intended
The game is suitable for children from 2 to 6 years. Kids practise fine motor skills also colour matching.
1. Inserted blocks
Children can put blocks into the holes by color or simply what they like it. This activity is suitable for 18 months old baby
2. Colour combinations
- The first way: Children put rings on blocks randomly. They can play with colors as they wish.
- The second way: They insert ring of the same color on the block (for example red to red, blue to blue).
- The third way: They can play with colours. It means that they could insert the red circle on the yellow block and the yellow circle on the red block
Layering of blocks and rings
In the begining is a simple game. Kids put one circle in one block. But later they find out that they could put on one block two rings and into the rings belongs to the second blog. They can can build a chimney.
All about the toy
- Producer: Habermaaß GmbH – HABA
- Made in Germany
- Size: 18,5 x 18,5 cm
- Material: All-wood, beech wood board
- Number of pieces: Plate, 16 blocks, 16 rings (33 pieces in total), packed in a cardboard box
- Age: from 2 to 6 years
Quality of toy
The toy is quality and beautiful. The paint has not peeled yet, not scratched. The board is very sturdy, without scratches. Overall, I’m very happy.
I wish you a lot of fun. 🙂
I'm very surprised. The toy is beautiful, quality, simple and creative. It pays off.
- Great idea
- Quality design
- Suitable for two children (siblings) with similar age
- Very useful for practicing fine motor skills
- High price